The current huge pressures on the NHS take us back not only to the Beveridge Report, but also to William Brown and the Outlaws who wrote their own Outlaws Report. A few of their wishes, for all the wrong reasons, have unfortunately come true:
1. As much hollidays as term.
2. No afternoon school.
3. Six pence a week pocket munny and not to be took off.
4. No Latin. No French. No Arithmetick.
5. As much ice creem and banarnas and creem buns as we like free.
6. No punnishments and stay up as late as we like.
“The Outlaws Report” in William and the Brains Trust (1945)
Stay at Home, Protect the NHS, Save Lives.